Tips to solve Gallery App failure issue | Samsung Galaxy S4
The reasons, Samsung being the number one selling smartphone brand in the world is the production of quality smartphones along with the insertion of best features in the devices. One of such great production by Samsung is Galaxy S4 and is being used most across the globe. But don’t think the smart device is ideal as it also faces issues time by time and one of the common issues is Samsung Gallery App failure.
The reasons are different as well as the solutions for gallery app failure.
Reasons of gallery app failure in Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Unsupported files
Galaxy S4 Gallery App failure solution:
- The main issue behind the gallery app failure is the format of the media files. Most of the users don’t know about the types of the media files and thinks the device has some fault. But in actual the Gallery app supports some types of media files like 3gp, mp4, mp3, MKV. For other type of media files along with the HD videos, the users need to install special codec to run the specific videos. So the users need to install quality media player in their Samsung Galaxy S4 to run all type of media files.
- The installed SD card also results in the Gallery freezing. If the users remove and insert the SD card again then some of the applications stop working along with Gallery app. And if the SD card memory runs out low then it can cause the same problem. To fix SD card issue follow the below steps:
- Tap on Apps
- Then tap on settings
- Select storage memory
- Now, Un-mount the SD card and tap OK
- Turn off the smart device.
- Now remove the SD card from the smart device and turn on the device.
- Check the gallery app if the problem is fixed then format the SD card.
- If the problem is still there then it may be the result of background running apps. All you need to do is to stop the background apps to get rid of the Gallery freezing issue. Follow the below steps to clear the cache of the installed apps:
- Tap on Apps
- Then tap on Settings
- Tap on More button
- Now tap on Application Manager
- Tap All Apps
- Select Gallery from the list
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear data
- Tap OK to finish
Now run the gallery app; it will absolutely work fine as this is one of the best solutions to remove Samsung Galaxy S4 Gallery App freezing.
Take backup before formatting SD card; once SD card is formatted the data cannot not be recovered.