SMS sending failed | LG G3
Just like voice calling, SMS feature is also one of the basic and most primal uses of a smartphone. And as technology has advanced, smart devices have made this feature more easy to use including LG G3. But like any other feature on a smart device, SMS services can also have various problems. Some may be due to service provider and some may be caused by smart device software.
If you are having sending or receiving SMS issue on your LG G3 smart device, then follow the tips in this guide to get rid of the problem.
The most common reason of SMS sending failure in the smart device is because of the service provider and needs to be fixed. F you are having issue of service provider then just check the following points before moving on to troubleshooting your device.
- Is your SMS service enabled?
If it is active, then check which SMS package you are subscribed to. And if not, then contact your service provider to resolve the issue.
- Do you have network reception in your area?
If the network icon located on the top right corner of your LG G3’s screen is showing solid bars, then you have network signals.
Third Party Applications
You may find some applications on the Google Play Store helpful as well. Try these apps:
- Go SMS Pro
- TextraSMS: this application keeps an eye on your service provider.
- Whatsapp, Viber, Hi5 etc: These apps use internet to allow free messages.
Once you have made sure that your network is working fine and there is no issue from the service provider follow these tips to fix the problem.
- Check if your smart device’s calling function is working properly by calling another number.
- Try sending messages to other number.it might be possible that your number is not allowed to send messages on the first number.
If you are unable to send message to any other as mentioned in tip 1 then follow these steps:
- Open Settings from the Main Menu of your smart device.
- Tap n the Generals tab
- Tap on
- Tap on Messaging
- Tap on the Clear Cache button under the Cache
Once the cache is deleted from your smart device, do the following steps to complete this solution:
- Open Messages on your smart device.
- Tap on the Options Tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on You should be able to see settings for everything related to messages.
- Tap on
- If the box next to Delete old messages is ticked then you will not be able to receive new messages once the messages reach the limit in your inbox.
You can back up your old messages to free up space in your inbox. Software like MobileGo can help you create back up on your PC.
- Restart your phone. It will reboot the interface and fix any minor bug r stalling in the interface.
- Download and install other applications like Go SMS Pro.
- Try texting with these interfaces.
- If it doesn’t work, then uninstall all other third party applications that might interfere with your default messaging app.
Make sure your smart device is in an area with good network signals. If you can receive message but are unable to send them, then the problem is most likely to be with your service provider.